The International Table Tennis Federations Hopes program is back at LOOPS with thanks to Table Tennis Australia, and the stakes are simply getting higher and higher, year in, year out! With this years National Hopes week to include Eva Jeler, John Murphy, Hongbo Liang and Franck Roguiez. And TTA will also select a 2021 National Hopes Squad upon completion of the event, comprising at least 6 boys and at least 6 girls. Coach Joe Gerada says his squad is ready and will love this years Hopes at LOOPS “with so much on the line, the best coaches in the country in the hall, and the best under 12 kids all in one place at the one time, I am sure the LOOPS squad will love this years hopes”.
TRAINING CAMP COMPONENT – National Hopes Week: Open to players born in 2009 or later.
COMPETITION COMPONENT – National Hopes Challenge: Only open to players born in 2009 and 2010. This is an ITTF Regulation.
COMPETITION COMPONENT – National Mini Hopes Challenge: Only open to players born in 2011 or later.
Register here to receive WHAT’S INCLUDED:
- 4-day training camp with TTA National Coaches John Murphy, Eva Jeler, Simon Gerada, Franck Roguiez and Hongbo Liang, including 8 training sessions and multiple educational activities.
- 1-day competition, with a chance to be selected into the 2021 National Hopes Squad.
- Guest appearances from National Team players, including acting as training partners.
- The opportunity to interact with the best Hopes level players and coaches in Australia.
- 2021 National Hopes Week & Challenge t-shirt.
2021 NATIONAL HOPES SQUAD:
TTA will select a 2021 National Hopes Squad upon completion of the event, comprising at least 6 boys and at least 6 girls.
The top 3 boys and the top 3 girls from the National Hopes Challenge will be guaranteed selection.
The remaining players will be chosen at the discretion of the TTA National Selection Panel in accordance with the requirements of the TTA National Selection Policy.
2021 National Hopes Squad Members will receive the following benefits:
- Access to weekly online training sessions with TTA National Coaches.
- Access to a TTA Hopes follow up camp in September/October 2021.